Despite the fact that people currently have access to many hygiene products and food processing options, no one is immune from infection with worms. These parasites can appear in the human body regardless of gender and age. In addition to the fact that just being aware of the presence of parasites in your body is already unpleasant in itself, this phenomenon can also be accompanied by a number of unpleasant symptoms and diseases.
In contrast to many other diseases, it is impossible to protect yourself completely against infection with worms by vaccinations or special preparations. However, there are a number of effective folk remedies that will not only help you cure the disease, but also prevent its future occurrence. These recipes were created thanks to many years of experience and their effectiveness has proven itself over time. There are special recipes for both very young children and older people.
What are the worms?
To choose the right method of treating worms, you need to first determine their type, which can only be done in laboratory conditions. If the localization is taken as a criterion, it is possible to distinguish intestinal worms and extraintestinal parasites that live and multiply in blood vessels, bile ducts and even in brain and lung tissue. It is also worthwhile to distinguish between biological species. So worms can refer to roundworms, tapeworms, or leeches.
Worms can differ depending on the stage of the life cycle, they are divided into biohelminths, geohelminths and contagious species.
- So geohelminths are in the form of eggs and are located in the ground. Without this stage, worms cannot enter the human body.
- Biohelminths appear after switching multiple intermediate hosts. So before they infect a person, they can visit the body of animals.
- Infectious helminths are released into the external environment by the human body.
Symptoms of worm infestation
The time to the first symptoms of an infection with worms can vary from several days to several months, depending on the type of parasite. The most common manifestation of the acute stage of helmentosis can be considered an allergic reaction. They come in the form of rashes accompanied by itching. Their area is constantly increasing. In addition, there is swelling of the lymph nodes as well as tissue edema and pain in muscles and joints. Particularly difficult cases can be accompanied by a strong cough, chest pain, shortness of breath, stool disorders, nausea, enlarged spleen and even changes in blood composition.
Helminthiasis can eventually become a chronic stage. Symptoms can vary depending on which organ is affected by the worms. Most often this problem affects the intestines. If the number of parasite individuals is insignificant, then the disease may not have any symptoms at all. Problems only arise with a large population or significant size of the parasite. The main effect of helminths affects the digestive system, which makes it difficult for the body to absorb nutrients and eliminate waste products. As a result, immunity decreases and the work of all body systems is disrupted. In children, symptoms of helmentosis can also spread to the nervous system.
Milk and garlic against worms
This recipe may be best for children. Usually 3-4 days of treatment are enough for the worms to go away. During this period, it is recommended to give the child a glass of milk every day, in which there are three crushed cloves of garlic. Garlic plays the main role here, and milk only helps to get rid of unpleasant bitter substances. Before you go to bed, be sure to do garlic enemas.
There are several recipes for making an enema solution.
- The easiest way is to chop the garlic (1 clove), put it in a glass of water or milk and cook for 5 minutes. Then the liquid has to be filtered.
- Another option is to simmer the clove of garlic in a glass of milk until soft. After the milk has cooled down, strain and give an enema. You can use the entire volume for adults, half a glass is sufficient for children (from 70 to 100 ml). It is important that the enema is held for as long as possible after administration. An enema helps get rid of pinworms.
- To increase the effect of the enema, you can take other garlic-based products at the same time. Therefore, it makes sense to drink a small amount of milk on an empty stomach with the addition of 15 drops of garlic juice three times a day.
- It is also helpful to eat 10 cloves of garlic at a time, washed down with baked milk. You have to give the garlic a couple of hours to act on the gastrointestinal tract, after which they take a laxative. This is one of the most effective worm healing methods used by ancient healers.
Garlic is a wonder drug that is used for almost all diseases. As for the worms, it may be difficult to find a more effective remedy. And garlic is especially effective when taken in tincture form. To prepare it, you will need 5 cloves of garlic and a glass of milk.
First, pass the garlic through a press or grater to make a pulp. Pour the resulting mixture with milk and cook for about 15 minutes. After removing the pan from the heat, cover it with a lid and let the broth steep for a few hours. The resulting product can be used both in the form of a drink and in the form of an enema.
It takes a week to take garlic tincture. At the same time, you need to drink 4 glasses every day (you can make the tincture at once for the whole day, increasing the amount of ingredients proportionally). If you choose treatment with enemas, then you will also need a glass of tincture (for a child, half the norm will be enough). It is better to do the procedure a week before bedtime.
Treatment of worms with pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin seeds are a fairly effective remedy for helmentosis, and the treatment causes much less discomfort than garlic treatments. So seeds work well in combination with castor oil. For three days you need to eat 25 unpeeled pumpkin seeds in 4 cans. Try to chew them as thoroughly as possible. After an hour, you need to drink a teaspoon of castor oil. The duration of treatment is three days.
For the next recipe, you'll need to grind 300 grams of pre-peeled pumpkin seeds in a coffee grinder or mortar. Dilute the resulting powder with water so that the mass is reminiscent of sour cream in density. At the end of the cooking process, add a tablespoon of honey. Please note that for a teenager, the amount of the drug is halved, and for the treatment of a small child, one sixth of the adult norm is enough. In the morning on an empty stomach, you need to eat the resulting mass. In order for the effect of the drug on the body to be consistent, try to extend this process for a whole hour, slowly chewing each serving (this will not be difficult, since the mass of seeds with honey tastes very pleasant). After three hours, you need to drink a laxative or do an enema. With this method you can solve the problem of worms in exactly one day.
Enemas of worms
Since the worms parasitize the intestines in most cases, it is quite appropriate to use local treatments such as enemas. Enemas are usually given at night. And even if you take certain medications orally, you can hardly do without this procedure.
The most effective is a garlic enema. Chop 5 cloves of garlic well, pour half a glass of water over them and boil the resulting mixture. When the broth has cooled, strain and begin the process. Remember that the solution for such an enema should not be completely cold. Better adjust your body temperature.
Tansy shows high efficiency in the fight against worms. So, for a glass of boiling water, you will need 20 grams of dry herb. The infusion is completely ready in half an hour and only needs to be strained. As in the previous case, the product should be slightly warm. Attention! It should be noted that procedures with tansy should not be carried out by pregnant and breastfeeding women!
Since parasites cannot tolerate an alkaline environment, it is entirely possible to use baking soda for enemas. Dissolve half a teaspoon of baking powder in a glass of water and heat the resulting solution slightly on the stove to 38-42 ° C. For children, this amount will be quite enough. And when it comes to treating adults, it is better to prepare two glasses of solution for one procedure.
Medicinal herbs are the fundamental basis of traditional medicine and therefore they cannot be missed when treating worms. In addition to the fact that medicinal plants are highly effective, the procedures with them are very gentle, and the treatment does not cause severe discomfort.
- Quite often, bitter wormwood is used in the treatment of worms. To prepare the infusion, you need to pour a glass of boiling water over a tablespoon with a piece of dry grass. The signal that the drug is ready is that the grass settles on the bottom and the liquid itself turns brown. The broth should be filtered. Drink half a glass of this medicine just before meals (three times a day).
- The tansy infusion is prepared in a similar way, but the preparation time is increased to 4 hours. In addition, since tansy is a poisonous plant, you cannot drink more than a tablespoon of medicine at a time. There should be 4 such techniques spread over the day. You can also make enemas with tansy, the recipe we gave above.
- If you are unsure about the right way to prepare an infusion or a decoction, try a dry mix. So grind flax seeds, cloves and dried wormwood in equal proportions in a coffee grinder. After each meal, you need to take half a teaspoon of the resulting powder.
- The gentlest way to get rid of worms is to take 200 ml of fresh carrot juice every morning. (preferably on an empty stomach). A decoction of dried pomegranate peel, as well as chamomile tea, helps well.
Pumpkin seed oil
Pumpkin seed oil is used to remove large parasites from the body. Even tapeworms and roundworms are effectively combated. Treatment lasts three days, during which one teaspoon of the drug is drunk three times a day (on an empty stomach, of course). It can only be eaten after half an hour. It is also recommended to give oil enemas in a volume of up to 50 ml at night.
In order not to do magic about herbs on your own, you can purchase ready-made preparations and herbal teas in the pharmacy that are specially designed to remove parasites from the body. So monastery tea is very popular. In addition, almost every pharmaceutical company has its own anti-parasite collection. Their composition is roughly the same, but the proportions of certain medicinal plants can differ significantly.
Can you get infected with animal worms?
Of course, there is an enormous risk of infection with worms through contact with cats and dogs, as these are the main carriers of these parasites. However, you will not get sick if you follow basic hygiene practices. It is sufficient to wash your hands thoroughly every time you have petted the animal or touched objects (dishes, toilet, animal toys).
If you've touched your lips with dirty fingers or eaten something, then most likely, infection cannot be avoided. Also, keep a little distance from animals. Even if you love your pet very much, it is better not to kiss him, because there are parasite larvae in the animals' saliva and hair. Precautions need to be taken even if your pet does not go outside.
How do worms get out?
Worms can leak not only through the anus, but also along with vomit. Besides, they won't necessarily be dead.
Helmtose is easy to treat. If you do not trust medicines, then at the same time you have a huge choice of proven and effective folk remedies. Be patient and heal consistently. Once you get rid of the parasites, your wellbeing will improve dramatically.