Many organisms coexist with humans on the planet, some of which are able to parasitize humans and animals. In humans, they are called from a common word - worms. Treatment of such a problem, signs of parasite infestation, and prevention methods are discussed below.
Beware of parasites!
Infected with helminths, and this is the correct name for worms and similar creatures that can parasitize in many ways in human, animal and fish-organisms. They cause significant damage to health, although often the infected person cannot even imagine that the problems encountered are a result of the parasite's vital activity. What kind of worms do humans have? The answer to this question will help determine the type of people who caused the health disorder and therefore choose the right treatment. After all, why are worms dangerous? The release of waste products into the body systems, the absorption of nutrients, the deficiency of which affects the state of health. When treating helminthiasis, strict observance of the rules of personal hygiene should be one of the main points.
What is the danger?
An analysis like feces for worm eggs serves as a mandatory item for a medical examination to determine the general state of health. From the moment of admission to kindergarten and until receiving vouchers for sanatorium treatment, a person must necessarily undergo such a procedure. The presence of parasites in the body is the reason for medical withdrawal in certain situations. Many people prefer to take worm prevention pills ahead of time to make sure they are getting the negative test results they need. But why are helminths so dangerous that the procedure for determining their presence in the body is one of the most common in medical examinations of people of different ages and occupations?
Parasites that live in the human body adversely affect it, which is manifested in different ways. So, immunity suffers from its vital activity - the tendency towards colds, viral and bacterial infections increases. The body begins to lack useful substances - trace elements and vitamins, which affect all processes in systems, organs and tissues and cause various diseases and pathologies. Since the worms carry out all vital processes in the human body, the toxins they release have a toxic effect and poisoning occurs. This in turn contributes to the development of asthma, allergies, liver and kidney diseases. Worms negatively affect the work of all parts of the gastrointestinal tract. They also affect the functioning of the central nervous system, causing insomnia, irritability, excessive excitability, and aggressiveness that can develop into depression. The negative consequences follow those who suffer from problems like worms. Treatment should be carried out competently, taking into account many aspects, from the type of helminth to the general state of human health.
Such different parasites
Before deciding on a method of treatment, you need to find out what type of worms a person has. Scientists have discovered several types of them. They fall into two broad groups:
- nematode roundworms (Nematoda);
Both groups of parasites are very extensive, as around 40 species only belong to the flatworms of the trematodes, which parasitize in the human body and can cause diseases. In humans, diseases caused by the vital activity of worms are classified as follows:
What measures should be taken to prevent infection? Why are worms dangerous? Poisoning the human or animal body with the products of their vital activity, as well as damage to the tissues and organs in which they settle.
Scientists classify parasites that can carry out vital activities in the human body, so to speak, according to their habitat:
- Luminal - this type includes worms that colonize different parts of the intestine. There are more than a hundred of them, the most common are pinworms, roundworms, hookworms, beef tapeworms, whipworms.
- fabric. In addition to the intestines, they also live in other organs and tissues and affect the heart, lungs, liver, lymphatic system and brain.
For this reason, the analysis of feces on worm eggs cannot always give an accurate answer to the question of the potential for human invasion.
Do you need to be on your guard?
The symptoms of worm infestation often do not immediately suspect such a problem. General weakness and malaise, weight loss, deterioration of the skin and hair are signs not only of helminthiasis but of many other health problems as well. But itching in the anus, especially at night, the appearance of white worm-like inclusions in the feces, which on closer inspection turn out to be pinworm-like helminths, should be an incentive to see a doctor and get examined for helminthiasis to identify the problem and a qualitative oneto receive quality treatment. Unfortunately, such obvious signs don't appear until the infection has spread. The very first symptoms often go unnoticed, the parasites are assimilated and, in some cases, spread to many organs, not only affecting the intestines. In what cases do you need to see a doctor to schedule specific tests that will help diagnose helminthiasis? They are divided by specialists into areas of appearance:
- gastrointestinal disorders. In the vast majority of cases, there are parasites in the human intestine, which leads to a disruption of this particular system: stool disorders appear - constipation is replaced by diarrhea, heartburn and flatulence intensify, painful sensations appear in the abdomen, especially in and around the right hypochondriumNavel.
- nerve disorders. Poisoning by waste products of parasites leads to dysfunction of the nervous system. Poisoning leads to headaches and dizziness. Patients infected with worms often pick up such symptoms for the development of migraines and start taking pain relievers, which in turn has a negative effect on their health. Parasites use in their life those beneficial substances that can be preserved in the human body. Because of this, the patient suffers from vitamin deficiency, which manifests itself in a constant feeling of tiredness and weakness. Such disorders due to infection of the body with worms are particularly pronounced in children - babies do not sleep well, are moody, children of school age impair their school performance.
- Allergic reactions and skin manifestations of helminthiasis are also common consequences of this problem. Due to the fact that parasites secrete the products of their vital activity into the human body, some reactions of the body begin to be more active, for example, rashes and itching. Rhinitis and dry cough can also appear, the condition of nails and hair, suffering from poisoning, is disturbed.
- Helminths that have penetrated the human body and settled there also cause a deterioration in general health, which is manifested in a decrease in immunity and frequent colds. The infected person often develops inflammatory diseases of the nasopharynx, urinary tract, and genital area. The presence of helminths in the human body can also manifest itself in bad breath and the appearance of an unpleasant taste in the mouth.
Any deviations in health and well-being that arise require the consultation of a specialist and certain tests. Many of those who think about the potential of helminth infection are looking for an answer to the question of whether garlic will help against worms, believing that the resources available will help prevent such an unpleasant problem as helminthiasis. To make sure that there are no intruders in your body, you need to undergo a thorough examination.
How can you identify the problem?
Under certain circumstances, a person can be suspected of having worms. What doctor should I turn to to solve the problem of diagnosing and adequately treating such a problem? The main specialist who deals with a disease such as helminthiasis is an infectious disease doctor.
A specialist can make a preliminary diagnosis of a certain type of parasite which, according to certain signs, has "settled" in the patient's body. Itching is characteristic of the invasion of pinworms, which can be felt in the anus and is mainly aggravated at night. If parasites are actively multiplying and there are many of them, they can also be seen on the feces with the naked eye. Against the background of infection with helminths such as whipworm, trematode schistosoma, hookworm, deep dysbiosis develops against the background of damage to the intestinal mucosa. When the invasion of the body is caused by a broad tapeworm, a characteristic symptom in addition to dysbiosis is B-12 deficiency anemia. Ascariasis can be characterized by severe weight loss, obsessive cough, weakness, and a sore throat. The development of jaundice, a disorder of the liver and spleen may indicate an infection with liver parasites.
It should be noted that the incubation period for different types of helminths can be 3-4 days to 3-4 weeks. However, for a parasite like Filarias, which causes filariasis or elephantiasis, such a time interval is up to one and a half years.
Only a specialist can determine the presence of helminths in the body, their type and method of treatment. It is impossible to choose an effective remedy for worms for children or adults yourself!
To determine the helminth invasion, three main tests are assigned to a person of any age:
- excrement for worm eggs;
- blood on lamblia, parasitic in the liver;
- scratching for enterobiasis.
Under certain circumstances, the patient can be assigned additional examinations, e. g. E. g. during a recent visit to tropical regions where you can become infected with parasites that are not typical for our country.
Maybe nobody is immune to a problem like worms. Treatment for invasion should be selected by a specialist only after making a diagnosis and taking into account the general health of the patient. Perhaps someone will object to the fact that in every pharmacy you can see drugs against worms with a wide range of effects on the shelves, which are sold without a prescription. But only a specialist can recommend this or that remedy for use. As with any disease, helminthiasis is best prevented. This applies in particular to people at risk:
- little children;
- people in close contact with animals;
- those who eat meat or fish that have not been fully heat treated;
Today experts are researching the influence of helminths on the development of many serious diseases, including cancer. For this reason, the problem of invasion and high-quality prevention of infection, recognized in time, becomes very important to modern society.
Worm pills are sold in every pharmacy. Their price range is quite extensive. But before buying and using any drug, it is necessary to seek advice from a specialist, since various types of parasites, such as worms, require appropriate treatment. Only a doctor can recommend a drug that will allow to get rid of uninvited guests in the human body within a certain period of time. The drugs can be roughly classified according to their effect on parasites:
- paralyzes the activity of individuals;
- violation of metabolic processes in parasite tissues;
- blocks certain processes in the helminth's body.
What worm prevention pills can be bought? This is a common question that pharmacists hear in pharmacies. They work mainly to anticipate the obvious manifestation of a helminthic invasion. A person only accepts infection without observing any deviations in health.
You can also buy herbs for worms in pharmacies that have been proven by scientific research and have an anthelmintic effect.
The treatment of worms in children, as well as the prevention of helminthiasis, should become a permanent point of care for a child of any age. Because children who rule the world around them are all trying to "taste and taste" there is a constant risk that they will become infected with the same pinworms or roundworms.
For centuries people have tried to get rid of worms with the help of plants. Currently, the anti-parasitic effects of some of them are confirmed by scientific research. These are, for example, pumpkin seeds, which have laxative and thus antihelminthic properties. A brittle sea buckthorn bark has a similar effect, which can be bought in pharmacies in the form of a powder for making an infusion or a brew.
Does garlic help with worms? Yes, in some cases this spice can have an antihelminthic effect. In addition, garlic-based infusions and tinctures stimulate the immune system and impair the body's ability to cleanse itself of unwanted guests - viruses, bacteria, fungi and helminths. Herbs against worms are invariably popular, especially as prophylaxis - these are tansy, centaurs, bitter wormwood, ginger and chamomile. They are used in decoctions and infusions, have laxative, anthelmintic, disinfectant and anti-inflammatory properties. It would be most sensible to take such folk drugs as an adjunct to the main therapy of an established invasion or preventive measures.
Another way to get rid of intestinal worms is to flush them out. You can use drugs and plants that cause diarrhea. And you can use a recipe for an enema for worms. For example:
- 20 grams of wormwood must be chopped;
- pour 3 liters of hot boiled water into the raw material;
- insist on it for half an hour;
- let the resulting product drain, strain and press through the cheesecloth;
- Use infusion warm - 25-35 degrees for a more comfortable feeling during the procedure and a better effect of the components.
You can only do an enema once a day. In addition, as with any other medical intervention in the human body, a specialist must be agreed. Enemas help remove toxins and toxins, waste products from parasites and yourself. However, if the invasion is not a cavity but an interstitial invasion, the enema is just a tool that cleanses the colon. Many medicinal plants can be used to make such a remedy as an enema for parasites - chamomile, St. John's wort, calendula. The proportions in this case remain unchanged - 20 grams of dry grass per 3 liters of water. They allow you to cope with the task and not harm the intestinal flora.
Hygiene and prevention
For humans, a problem like worms has always been relevant. Treatment of invasions has been carried out and is carried out by all possible means. The pharmaceutical industry is constantly releasing new drugs that can deal with the helminthic infection of the body. But the best remedy is prevention. Since helminth infection occurs mainly through the mouth, any possibility of parasite eggs entering the oral cavity and further down the intestines should be excluded. To do this, the following rules must be observed:
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water;
- Keep household items, such as toys, that a child could put in their mouth to clean.
- Wash vegetables and fruits thoroughly with running water;
- vaccinate and treat pets that family members come into contact with;
- Thoroughly heat treat meat and fish during cooking;
- follow the rules of personal hygiene (regular change of underwear, care of the intimate area with special care products);
- If you suspect an infection with helminths or only for prophylactic purposes, you must consult a doctor to arrange a special examination and to select medicines and prophylaxis.
Taking precautions can help you avoid health problems like worms. Treating an invasion can be lengthy and therefore expensive, although prevention provides protection from invasion as well as general benefits to the body, preventing infection not only from worms but also from fungi, viruses and bacteria.